Tuesday, October 31, 2006

caterpillars and morons

Today I learned that Giant Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillars look like bird poop and eat citrus leaves. They look as much like little space aliens as any terrestrial (as opposed to aquatic) animal I've ever seen, and I gotta say, ew, so you know I took pictures. I'll post them when the blogger picture posting thingy works again.

In other news, if you've been paying attention, you will have noticed that I enjoy making fun of Palo Alto, CA, where Silicon Valley got its start and where you can now buy a house for roughly $1000 per square foot, which seems to attract the kind of people I like to make fun of. Just lately a third-grade teacher and her Stanford research engineer husband hosted a party for their teenage daughter, and the neighbors called the cops because teenagers were throwing up all over the lawn. So, I'm betting there's still a substitute teaching Ms. Swagerty's class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home