Thursday, October 19, 2006

nerd alert

By rooting around here, I learned that mangosteen, which I hear is yummy, is in the same family as St. John's wort. That means I can throw mangosteen into my rotation diet anywhere I want since I don't have any conflicts, seeing as no one has reported that St. John's wort is yummy. Well, assuming I tolerate it.

Onward to the local spiders. I tried to identify them, but I didn't get anywhere. They're about 1 cm long, not counting the legs, and they're furry. They definitely aren't any of these. Anyway, this one was inside the furnace closet, which we don't spend a lot of time in:


And here's the one that was in the hallway last night:


It's fairly distinctive, so I recognized it when I found it in my kitchen sink before lunch. And yes, I didn't wash the sink out after breakfast. I'm a terrible housewife, but it didn't look that bad until I took a close-up picture of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I have always had a spider phobia. "I" learned something today... I still have the phobia. ewwwwww

5:49 PM  
Blogger PiquedOff said...

Those spiders creep me out.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home