Thursday, May 11, 2006

radiation and handlebars

I've gotten to the point where sometimes I don't have time to write down everything I learned in a day, so that's how come you didn't hear on Monday about the World Health Organization's cancer committee reporting that electromagnetic 'smog' is a possible human carcinogen.

The same article reported on Electromagnetic Sensitivity (ES), which some of my friends have, and you have not lived until you have heard someone with very little physics background accurately describe an antenna pattern (signal strength vs. direction) because she can feel it.

So anyway, today I learned that there's a building on a university campus in Australia where the people who work on the top two floors have an unusually high incidence of brain tumors. The building has a bunch of telecommunications towers on top. This does not sound like a good place to work.

In other news, I learned that if you ride around the loop at Saguaro National Park (which they're closing on Monday) with your hands on the drop part of your road bike handlebars, you are folded in half, but you have a lot more control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home