Friday, December 16, 2005

the stepping stone passes!

Those of you following the carpet-replacement/tile saga will be pleased to know that the grout we made with AFM Safe Seal successfully held in the nasty chemicals in the thin-set we used, and will thus be able to hold in the carpet glue chemicals that soaked into the slab in our house. We'll seal the grout tomorrow, but things are looking good.


As proper EIs, we sealed up the back of the stepping stone with aluminum foil and aluminum tape so I didn't get in trouble with the chemicals in the cement board backing.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our adventures with another popular product with EIs: Tu Tuff, a polyethylene vapor barrier for building. I'd tell you tonight, but I rode my bike up a big hill today, and I'm too tired to write coherently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home