Thursday, January 13, 2011

this is about armpits

Today we went on a probably-ill-advised, spontaneous experimental quick mosey through the mall, where we got dosed with so much perfume that I had to put our clothes in a plastic bag when we got home. I think the problem was inside the cell phone store, but you could smell the Abercrombie & Fitch store outdoors for a lot longer than you could the perfume store next to it, which I guess is not too surprising since I understand they spray their smell out the door.

In news of why the trip to the mall was probably extra stupid, I've been detoxing something to the extent that it made the lymph nodes under my arms sore. (I read in the testimonials part of one of the brain retraining websites I've been talking about that somebody else got sore lymph nodes, too, so it's not just me.) This morning I had to get in the sauna to sweat the whatever out because I realized my general crankiness could easily have been attributable to the stinging in my armpits. Whatever it is wants out, and I can't get it out fast enough.

And I have always tolerated using the infrared backrest thingy in the sauna on at least low; today I got heart palpitations on any setting other than 'off,' and no amount of attempting to settle down my fight-or-flight reflex changed it at all. I'm hoping the whatever it is leaves soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger cinderkeys said...

Ah, malls. Once I was wandering through the Tucson Mall and had to dodge some guy who was carrying a little bottle of perfume and offering to spritz people with samples.

Hope your most recent detox goes as painlessly as possible.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home